Coal Clough Academy is a 140 place Alternative Provision School that provides education for young people in Burnley and the surrounding areas. Our aim is to provide all our young people with a new route to academic and vocational success, through personalised programmes of study that will enable them to achieve their highest potential in education, training and work. We deliver highly personalised learning programmes to develop academic achievement, vocational skills and personal and social development to those pupils:
- At risk of not reaching their potential.
- At risk of exclusion.
- With medical needs who are unable to access mainstream education for a variety of reasons.
- With fixed term exclusions.
- Who have been permanently excluded.
We work in close partnership with our local schools, the local authority and external agencies to ensure that all our pupils:
- Achieve good academic attainment on par with mainstream schools, with appropriate accreditation and qualifications.
- Specific personal, social and academic needs are properly identified and met in order to help them overcome any barriers to attainment.
- Are supported in order to improve their motivation, self-confidence, attendance and engagement with education.
- Are supported towards decisions for their next steps following the placement, such as reintegration into mainstream education, further education, training or employment.